Friday 31 October 2014

NARS Translucent Crystal Setting Powder - Loose

Today is a review on the NARS Translucent Crystal Setting Powder, I have been using this for months now and I want to talk about it!

First off are some pictures of what the product looks like!


The bottom of the packaging.


The general inside of the product.



I have been using this for a few months now just like I said at the start. I wanted to try this because I have heard a lot of good things about this product from good old YouTube. Normally I go for pressed powders, but I was in the mood for a change and so got the loose version. I do not regret this at all! So that is a good thing. I am tempted to get the pressed though, I will explain why below.

The reason why I love this product so much is that it helps keep me matte during the day. I have really oily skin in the T-zone and so I need some help with keeping my makeup look good and not utterly horrible. I do think that this does help with that!


This is roughly what I would use to cover my face, this is most likely too much, so it shows you just how little you need. Now I most likely use a little too much powder, so people with normal/ dry skin would need a lot less than me. I find that this product does not affect my foundation, but even though it is a translucent powder, I do feel that it does help my foundation match my skin colour a bit more. My foundation is slightly too dark for me so this helps lighten it a tiny bit.


The reason I have thought about getting the pressed powder is because of the image above. I LOVE how this feels and looks on my skin, the only problem is that the loose version isn't exactly very travel friendly. This happened after being in my bag from shopping, it took me roughly 20 minutes to be able to get the product back into the base of the packaging. So my only concern is that if you're doing a lot of traveling maybe think about getting the pressed version. I might be getting it as I plan to go overseas soon and don't really want to have to spend potentially an hour trying to get all the product back in the right spot.

I have also re-applied this through the day and it didn't not disturb my makeup at all. It returned my makeup to what it looked like when I had first applied it in the morning. Which I was shocked and so glad for because I didn't really have time to touch up anything else.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I do seriously love this product, I use it everyday and when I don't use it as apart of my routine I do notice a difference in how my makeup looks. If you're in need of a nice face powder and looking for a high-end product or even just a change I think you should consider this product.

RATING:
9/10

PRICE: $46 (MECCA)
Pressed version: $46 (MECCA)


Hope this helps, thanks for reading!

Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment